Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Starbucks Light of My Life

best moment of the day yesterday...


I was grabbing my drink of choice at the moment, a grande, soy, no water, x-hot, Tazo chai latte at Starbucks when the girl looked right at me and said "when did your hair start growing back?"


I was like WOW! Literally, I don't know if I could have been more stunned. This girl standing in front of me is not only serving me my favorite drink but also she "gets it". It was just like one of the best, most honest and sincere questions anyone has asked me though out this whole process.


I told her that it started coming back in March and she said she had been through it before too. I said, it's kinda nice now because it's gotten to the point where people think that this is a style by choice and she just gave me a knowing smile. And that was the end of our interaction but it was one that I won't forget for a long long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

umm excuse me? You have worked at wonderful original coffee shops for years. Been a brista only for the best espresso (Alacaf of course).. but here I read, you went to.... Starbucks?! You're lucky I'm out of the country so I wont tell Tom or Brian! Tazo Chai is my fav. too, with a little FV.

I love your writtings, very literal and funny. I can practically hear your voice.

I've had some pretty good lattes here in Korea. But they don't have chai (American style) that I've found and just plain ol black coffee is a hard one to find too.

But all is well. I don't really know what to say, but I know everyone always likes to offer words of advice... that's the least we can do right? So, find humor in whatever is going on. It'll make the day a little easier... Just keep Tommy around, he's pretty funny and you two seem to get along alright ;)

peace and love ~ Alison