Sunday, June 7, 2009

CT Scans - The Bearers of Bad News - Feb

I had a CT scan as a post chemo check up in February. They found a mass. My heart stopped. I just finished chemo less than 4 weeks ago. This news had perfect timing as well, since I had been violently throwing up all day. And then my very 1st CT Scan comes back not clean. So to top off all that wonderful news they want to poke me with a HUGE needle down through the middle of my spine. I was not in pain, there was no little child trying to climb out of me, I didn't not have 1 reckless night of passion to produce a surprise. No I did none of these things, however they wanted to poke me anyway.

And what say did I have in this? None. They bribed me by telling me that I was going to at least get a sedative. Lies. There was only a little bit of Novocaine. So the poking begins, I see the whole thing, GROSS! I have no idea why anyone would want to, day after day, look at needles going into skin and through organs. And IT HURT! Like a lot more than I expected it. Well and the other good news is that you get to wait over the weekend to get the results back. Doctors just shouldn't have friends or families so that they can work round the clock just for situations like this. (Kidding Doctors should have friends & families, wait who am I kidding I don't have any Doctor friends...and I'm not really kidding... well may be like 80/20).

So then we waited and waited and waited. I had lots of free time over the weekend so I answered a personal ad on craigslist that's ended up leading to something kinda great.

Then it was more good news because turns out the mass was just some left over scar tissue! YAY!!! Meaning that There was no more cancer (well not yet anyway...)

No comments: