Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks to be Giving

I think that Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday. One of the few that hasn't been consumed by commercialization. I mean Target barely even recognizes it. They're putting up the faux Christmas trees as the witch hats are coming off the shelves at 75% off. But really can you blame them? There isn't really a profit margin to be made on celebrating the blessings in your life other than on the turkey.

Ha! No need to actually get a business minor from GAC to understand how retail works.

However this Thanksgiving was a little challenging for me. Yes I obviously have many many many blessings and things to be thankful for in my life. However I think that when you spend a day really focusing on those things... it also makes you more painfully aware of the things you aren't necessarily thankful in your life. And that was very hard for me. And while there are blessings that come out of having cancer, I don't think anyone is ever thankful to have this disease in their life.

No comments: