Wednesday, November 5, 2008

24 In Style

My Birthday!

Is pretty much my favorite day of the year. I mean if we're really honest with our selves, we all love attention. And the best thing about your birthday is you don't have to pretend to be modest about it - really it can just be all about you :) It is too bad that it only lasts 24 hours though... goes so quick.

Anyway mine was celebrated in true fashion this year. Definitely not how I would have imagined it... but more than wonderful none the less. Day 5 post chemo is usually my first good day, plus I think I was even feeling better due to the birthday excitement. Most of the morning was spent catching up with good friends on the phone. Then my first trip out of the house since going in... mind you it was to the dump to drop off a mattress, but out of the house none the less. Then it was up to the carriage house for a little "lunch" (sure Mrs. Guthrie, just give me uh 20 mins) and a long afternoon nap!

When I awoke, the fun began! Anna, Tonia, Julie, Cain and Thao all came down from the cities to help me celebrate! Then Teri T and "the hot neighbor" came over for the bonfire. We dined on wild rice cheese soup and 2 amazing desserts, chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese cake & pumpkin cheese cake - YUM!!! Once we were all knee deep in wrapping paper from all the pjs, slippers, massage gift certificates, and cards (even the awkward ones...) the bonfire started.

Now I really do wish I could divulge all of the secrets that were discovered around the campfire... but... our backyard is kinda like Vegas. So I guess if you're not already in the "know"... you'll have to come have a bonfire with us and find out!

1 comment:

Carrie Root said...

I personally think that birthdays should last an entire week (maybe two). Glad yours was a good one!