Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pukin' Potatoes

So WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Round 3 is d - o - n - e!! Done!
I'm definitely thankful to be beyond the half way mark. This round has gone pretty smoothly. I slept through both days in the hospital and then continued to sleep once I returned home. Very exciting. Although I do have lots of time to watch Oprah and we've already seen that photo opt pay off, so I'm not counting out my couch potato days yet...

And speaking of potatoes... (which starts with a "P") I've had quite the interesting run in with them in the last 48 hours. While I've been home I've been discovering that cooking helps me past the time & adds a little productivity to my day. So when I haven't been facebooking I've been semi-addicted to looking at online cookbooks. And it's kinda like when I was a kid, you only like the ones with the really good pictures. Fast forward to me seeing some great shots of these delicious home fries on my favorite site: http://smittenkitchen.com/

At this point I'm thinking GREAT! I have these delicious Yukon gold potatoes I need to use and I'm hungry! This will be perfect! Well my first disappointment came when I added the itty bitty little onion pieces to the bowl of the potatoes - oops! (Thanks for that tip a little too late) Turns out that's okay, your onions just become little charred black bits a top your potato. But you still get the flavor and they make a good topping. So I get them all fried up, nice and crispy and I dish up a healthy Midwest size serving. YuM YuM

About 45 mins later I am not feeling well at all... and UP comes the potatoes back for their sophomore debut! (One even came through my nose... not pretty and it's not because I had that weird tube down my nose earlier in July... that can just happen - my mom said so....) So I of course blame it on the chemo. And think to myself I should have taken more anti-nausea drugs and all that.

Meanwhile I'm at home today, middle of the afternoon just wanting a little snack so I think, oouuu I'll just warm up some of my wonderful home fries and it'll be perfect. Had more of a Hollywood size helping and set about grocery shopping. Now it's almost time for the hot docs on Greys to brighten my week when I feel like I'm going down hill again... but those pesky potatoes were traveling right back up hill! And they reached the top!

So while I'm happy to report I have not encountered phantom limb or pregnancy as a "P" disease during this round. I have had quite the case of "puking potatoes"... but all should be cleared up as soon as I get the bathroom cleaned up :)

No comments: